Friday, March 11, 2016

Whistler 2016

I think this is the 5th time that Rosalie and I have joined Michael's work on their annual trip to Whistler. Hard to believe so many years have passed! As usual, the trip was fun and relaxing. We've settled into a bit of a routine-of-fun, but each time it's so good, we don't deviate much.

The first evening, we have a group dinner with everyone from work. One fun new woman who has recently joined the company came over to the kids' table and started making them laugh. She also told them that she would be "watching them" to make sure they didn't get into trouble. She did the two-fingers-pointing-to-her-own-eyes-and-then-pointing-to-the-kids thing. The kids LOVED that gesture, and started doing it back to her across the room. Rosalie was laughing so hard. They loved that lady. 

 Here's Rosalie decked out in her ski garb. She did a day-long lesson on the first day, and the second day she went up with Michael.



The slopes were much better on the second day (less rainy/blizzard-y), and they had a great time of it.

The peak-to-peak gondola ride has some excellent views.


At first when I saw the pic below (which Michael took), I thought we finally had a picture of Rosalie skiing down the mountain. But...
 She's actually climbing up it. One day we'll have some action shots!


After a long day on the slopes, what better thing to do than go to the heated pool, followed by some  hot chocolate?


You might be wondering what I was doing during all of that skiing. I'm happy to report that I went to a spa, did some reading, wandered the cute village, and spent an inordinately long time at a rocks and gem shop, learning about rocks and crystals. I had a wonderful couple of days, followed by some fun afternoons/evenings with our family (and work friends).


We went ice skating on the last evening (I sure do love those walkers, shown below! They're practically fall-proof).

And of course, dessert at Cows, which is the local favorite ice cream shop. Rosalie's fond of the mascot out front.

Anyway, it was a lovely trip, once again! 

No comments: