We were at dinner after discussing the difference between Vietnamese spring rolls (fried) and summer rolls (not fried).
"You know how to make a fall roll? Take a summer roll and drop it on the floor."
WE HAVE A BRILLIANT CHILD. SHE IS SEVEN.
Grandpa Livingston came to visit two weekends ago--it was so great to see him! Rosalie and Grandpa really had a chance to connect again, and it was clear that she was quite fond of him.

We had one of our epic downtown library explorations with him and a walk to a nearby park, interspersed between some nice catching-up and lovely meals. Yay, Grandpa!

The day after his visit was Mother's Day, and my special request was some family time working in the garden. We had a few cubic yards of veggie planting soil mix delivered to our place, which helps to spruce up all the beds. I loved spending the whole day out there, working together. And Rosalie...well, Rosalie loves dirt.

She really loves it.

She says she wants a big pile of dirt for her birthday. We might give her one.

Speaking of birthdays, I had one! Rosalie had been requesting to have lunch at the Space Needle for years, and today we had an unexpected day off from school (because the awesome teachers of Seattle Public Schools had a walk-out to protest the dismal state of funding and class sizes in our schools. Go teachers!).
Anyway, since we had this day off, I made a reservation to have lunch up in "Sky City." I wanted us to get a table next to the window, so when she said, "Is this a special occasion?" you know I worked the birthday angle.
We had a lovely lunch,

And a spectacular view.

If you've never eaten at Sky City, I'll tell you: the restaurant revolves. That's right, we saw 360 degree views of the city today, while enjoying the ever-coveted Copper River Salmon. Wowza, if that's not an ideal Seattle tourist experience, I don't know what is.
Oh, this is:

Admittedly, I did not purchase these awesome shades. But we sure did have a nice time shopping in the gift shop, and Ro and I bought Space Needle tee-shirts.
After that day-long pause, it's time to get down to the nitty gritty of end-of-school stuff pretty soon. Lots of news to come, I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment