Thursday, July 26, 2012

So Much...

...good stuff has been happening around here.  It's hard to keep track of it all, but at least I have some photo documentation of it.

Let's see, Father's Day happened.

We went to the Museum of Flight again, as we did a couple of years ago.  Wow, has she grown since then!


 Though, relatively speaking, she's still our little baby girl.


Making gliders!

Daddy helps with construction.

Test run.

Determination.  Aim.


Wiped out after a long morning...
 

Also in June, came Rosalie's very first lace-up shoes!  She has been great at practicing.

There was one adorable moment at school, when she was just beginning the practice process: She was sitting on the floor with her untied shoes on and suddenly she lay back and said quietly with a sigh, "I just can't do it."  Something about the restrained way she dealt with that moment of frustrated overwhelm just pulls my heartstrings.

Rainbow cupcake! Just awesomeness.  No real occasion here (though technically this is a special cupcake for Gay Pride Weekend).  


I'm taking a photography class this summer, which has temporarily made me a worse photographer than when I started.  Anyway, Rosalie and her buddies at school helped me with a homework assignment in which I had to photograph something that doesn't belong in the location.  I don't think of an iron as belonging at a preschool, generally.  Unfortunately, it doesn't really "read" correctly for the assignment, in my opinion.  Fortunately, Rosalie and her friends are still adorable.



Awhile back, knowing that Rosalie and her dad like to watch space documentaries together, Stacey sent her this astronaut costume.  She is now the right size for it, and we have had a lot of fun traveling through space together!  

She'll don her garb and then make a zipping gesture toward me: "Now you have your astronaut outfit on." she explains. Then we jump into our spaceship which looks weirdly like a couch, and fly to exotic planets such as Earth and Mars.  We gather specimens and observe them with her magnifying glass.  She's into gathering specimens.  

We also have a collection of mysterious "clues" (beads, sequins, ribbon) that she has collected around the house that are in plastic baggies, magnetized to the refrigerator.  Who knows what mystery she will solve with them?
*   *   *
The theme at her school this week is Pirates.  Michael pulled out some Halloween props and found a couple of goodies for her to wear to school.  Good times!  My camera was still in B&W mode from a homework assignment when I took this, but hey, pirates are kind of vintage-y anyway.


One last tidbit to share courtesy of Mom (Grandmama)--one of the cows had a calf, and as usual Grandmama invited Rosalie to name it.  Rosalie said, "White!"  I think Mom said that she gave her another chance at naming it (maybe she thought Rosalie said "Why?").  But Rosalie insisted, "White! Because the cow is brown, so it's a joke.  Get it?"  Awesome.  

No comments: